Shaped Butter Recipe
Room temperature / soft butter
Silicon mold (ice mold / chocolate mold)
Basil, parsley or other herb (optional)
1. Use a mortar and pestle to grind the basil.
2. Mix well with the butter.
3. Use a teaspoon or small butter knife to place butter in the mold. The trick is to do this in small amounts and push the butter in well, to remove air bubbles.
4. Fill the mold to the top and smooth the top edge.
5. Place the tray in the freezer for at least an hour to set.
6. Carefully (depending on your shape) push out your butter shapes.
Once you’ve popped out the butter leave it to sit at room temperature for about 15 minutes before serving, so it’s easy to spread.
Note: Don’t melt the butter and pour into the molds! As fantastic as this idea sounds, the butter changes it’s composition when it is melted and the butter separates. You’ll have a liquid base that won’t freeze and a non-stable top layer.
Floral butter dish – Daiso