The idea for this recipe first came from a cauliflower salad my mum had made, where she simply splashed some vinegar in with steamed cauliflower trees and seasoned it with salt. Simple yet yummy! So I started a meal one night with having this as a side and thought some chicken would go well with it. I hadn’t finalised in my head how I was going to flavour the chicken yet, so as I’m cooking over the wok, I think out aloud “Hmmm, I think some cumin would be nice with this.” To my son’s horror, he replied, “What! Human???”
Cumin spice. Otherwise known as Human in our house.
Cumin Chicken & CauliflowerIngredients (serves 4):
400g chicken breast fillets, diced
1/2 cauliflower head, separated into bite sized trees
2 garlic cloves, chopped
2 tbsp Apple Cider vinegar + 1 tbsp extra
1 tsp cumin
1. Add chicken and garlic to a hot wok with oil and brown.
2. Add cauliflower, cumin and 2 tbsp vinegar. Stir well until evenly coated.
3. Cook for 10 minutes on high heat, with a lid (to help soften the cauliflower).
4. Stir occasionally and towards the end, add the extra 1 tbsp vinegar and season with salt & pepper.
Serve with long grain rice and sprinkle a little cumin to colour.
1. Using a deep cookie cutter, pack the rice inside until level to the top.
2. Gently remove the cookie cutter to reveal your shaped rice!
Off-White Plate – Target
Heart shape cookie cutter – Daiso